Metal Storm logo
Monolord - 'Empress Rising' Instrumental Version Unleashed

Swedish doom trio Monolord have teamed up with 'Heavy Consequence' to stream a new instrumental version of their 2014 debut album, Empress Rising. The latter is now also available for streaming via Bandcamp widget.

"A while back, Daniel Hall at RidingEasy asked us what we thought about the idea of releasing an instrumental version of Empress Rising, as an alternative way to experience the music," drummer Esben Willems said. "We really liked the idea, for the simple reason that you enjoy music differently in different situations and this would be a new experience for us. ? Also, in these times of cancelled tours, we're stoked about Bandcamp's initiative to give 100-percent of the revenue to all bands on May 1st, the very day we release it."

Without vocals, Empress Rising suddenly becomes a post-metal, stoner epic in the vein of Sleep's Dopesmoker and Monster Magnet's 30-minute opus "Tab". The mix becomes less crowded, letting the feedback of Jäger's guitar cascade, its frequencies unimpeded. Arguably Monolord's most atmospheric work, the instrumental treatment gives the album a new life and listening experience, as Hall predicted.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Monolord
Posted: 02.05.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 12 users
02.05.2020 - 21:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I don't know about this. It's one of my all time favorite songs, but the vocals are an essential aspect of the overall sound to me. It'll be great for anyone who takes issue with vocoders though.

Edit: I just realized this was for the entire album. In that case, I think it stands a better chance of working. Will be listening to this asap.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 1000 | This month: 6