Metal Storm logo
Verdunkeln

20.01.2012 - 23:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Oddly enough I've been toying with making a thread for this hideously underrated German black metal outfit for years but never got round to it. Essentially psychedelic black metal of the highest order. Think Solstafir but more kvlt and less crappy vocals and you're onto a winner. Very unique sounding band due mostly to those clean, delay guitars (I think, not really up on my guitar effects) and they only have one full length which you should lap up like a thirsty kitten. I'll let Youtube clips do the talking.

More atmospheric than 95% of all "atmospheric" black metal released in the past few years.
21.01.2012 - 01:53
Vombatus
Potorro
Excellent band indeed, I think Turbanator posted a song on another thread... love the dragging guitars... and Sólstafir has no crappy vocals
21.01.2012 - 06:46
The Turbanator
Yeah it's an excellent band for sure. Are they psychedelic BM though? Thought they were more atmospheric than psychedelic.

Waiting for their next release. No idea when they're gonna do that. "Einblick In Den Qualenfall" is their only release apart from their self titled demo in 2005.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.01.2012 - 11:36
Slayer666
O_O

Very nice. Will check the full-length ASAP.
A band that remembers that there is still "metal" in "Atmospheric Black Metal".
21.01.2012 - 14:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 21.01.2012 at 06:46

Yeah it's an excellent band for sure. Are they psychedelic BM though? Thought they were more atmospheric than psychedelic.

Waiting for their next release. No idea when they're gonna do that. "Einblick In Den Qualenfall" is their only release apart from their self titled demo in 2005.

If you ask me they're totally psychedelic bm (especially considering stuff like Oranssi Pazuzu gets called that even though it's not that psychedelic). It's not wishy-washy enough to be called atmospheric bm in my opinion, those clean guitars working underneath the heavy but fuzzy-ness is totally trippy.
21.01.2012 - 14:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 21.01.2012 at 11:36

+1
21.01.2012 - 14:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 21.01.2012 at 01:53

Excellent band indeed, I think Turbanator posted a song on another thread... love the dragging guitars... and Sólstafir has no crappy vocals

I really like Solstafir but the vocals are something that have never quite gelled with me. They're too abrasive for the music.
21.01.2012 - 14:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 21.01.2012 at 11:36

I give this a +1 too, there has been a lack of these bands for a while.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.01.2012 - 08:34
The Turbanator
Written by [user id=4365] on 21.01.2012 at 14:49

Written by The Turbanator on 21.01.2012 at 06:46

If you ask me they're totally psychedelic bm (especially considering stuff like Oranssi Pazuzu gets called that even though it's not that psychedelic). It's not wishy-washy enough to be called atmospheric bm in my opinion, those clean guitars working underneath the heavy but fuzzy-ness is totally trippy.

Yeah you have a point. I don't consider Pazuzu as psychedelic. The only one band that really defines "psychedelic" for me is Njiqahdda.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
23.01.2012 - 08:37
The Turbanator
Written by [user id=4365] on 21.01.2012 at 14:50

Written by Vombatus on 21.01.2012 at 01:53

I really like Solstafir but the vocals are something that have never quite gelled with me. They're too abrasive for the music.

Solstafir's old stuff was excellent, especially Masterpiece of Bitterness. Bloodsoaked Velvet is one of my favorite song. Their new one is just mehhh. They are so inconsistent haha.
----