Metal Storm logo
Decapitated

Original post

Posted by SteTech, 17.05.2006 - 12:14
I recently aquired this Polish death metal band's newest album, Organic Hallucinosis, and I love it. I'm not a big fan of raw death metal, but this one is great. Might look into their other stuff as well
02.11.2007 - 15:08
k4Mil
Covan still fights for his life in hospital.
02.11.2007 - 15:14
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
What? Vitek died?! SHIT R.I.P
02.11.2007 - 15:14
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I just hope that Covan gets better
04.11.2007 - 21:47
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I wonder if they'll still tour the US, or even continue being a band?
06.11.2007 - 18:35
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Decapitated's official MySpace page (here) has now been update with the following message:

"Covan is currently at a hospital in Kraków, Poland. Doctors describe his condition as stable and he is showing signs of improvement every day. At this time, visiting is prohibited except to family members due to his fragile state. In the coming days, the decision on his follow-up treatment will be made."
06.11.2007 - 19:35
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I'm glad that Covan is getting better
06.11.2007 - 22:53
mankvill
So, I'm assuming the tour in the US is off?
06.11.2007 - 22:55
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by mankvill on 06.11.2007 at 22:53

I really, really, really hope not. I've been looking forward to it, plus I already have my ticket (and I was only going for Decapitated)
07.11.2007 - 02:22
mankvill
Written by [user id=1445] on 06.11.2007 at 22:55

I really, really, really hope not. I've been looking forward to it, plus I already have my ticket (and I was only going for Decapitated)
D: Where are you going to see them?

Here in KS, Amon Amarth cancelled, so it was just gonna be Decapitated. Now...I have no idea.
07.11.2007 - 02:35
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by mankvill on 07.11.2007 at 02:22

Here in KS, Amon Amarth cancelled, so it was just gonna be Decapitated. Now...I have no idea.

Fucking damnit, I just checked and they cancelled. It's now Amon Amarth, Sonic Syndicate, and A Life Once Lost. I hope I can get my ticket refunded.

EDIT: Even more bad news, I checked ticket master policy and "If your event has not been cancelled or postponed refunds are not allowed." So, since the actual event is still going to happen, I don't know if I'll be able to refund my ticket.
07.11.2007 - 03:06
mankvill
Written by [user id=1445] on 07.11.2007 at 02:35

Written by mankvill on 07.11.2007 at 02:22

Fucking damnit, I just checked and they cancelled. It's now Amon Amarth, Sonic Syndicate, and A Life Once Lost. I hope I can get my ticket refunded.

EDIT: Even more bad news, I checked ticket master policy and "If your event has not been cancelled or postponed refunds are not allowed." So, since the actual event is still going to happen, I don't know if I'll be able to refund my ticket.

Go for Amon Amarth. I think it'd be worth it.
18.12.2007 - 05:42
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Just picked up Organic Hallucinosis, very awesome album! Sigh, R.I.P. Vitek.
19.03.2008 - 01:52
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Until now my fav is their 1º album Winds Of Creation, it has an excelent Slayer cover for Mandatory Suicide!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
28.09.2008 - 23:54
Gigginova
Account deleted
I own "The Negation" but I think their best is "Winds Of Creation"

although......to this day I still haven't heard their most recent release.
29.09.2008 - 01:10
SK921
Account deleted
Written by [user id=160] on 28.09.2008 at 23:54

personally love it. A lot of people hate it because because of the vocals although I think it was superb. And my favorite album has to be... Nihility.
29.09.2008 - 05:33
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by [user id=33061] on 29.09.2008 at 01:10

personally love it. A lot of people hate it because because of the vocals although I think it was superb. And my favorite album has to be... Nihility.

Same here, i really like their latest record even though it's a slight change to their sound due to Covan on vox and the overall feel. Organic Halucinosis focuses on dynamics, agressive breathtaking riffs, Vitek's best drumming and a harsh rotten atmosphere.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
30.09.2008 - 17:35
SK921
Account deleted
Written by Visioneerie on 29.09.2008 at 05:33

Written by [user id=33061] on 29.09.2008 at 01:10

Same here, i really like their latest record even though it's a slight change to their sound due to Covan on vox and the overall feel. Organic Halucinosis focuses on dynamics, agressive breathtaking riffs, Vitek's best drumming and a harsh rotten atmosphere.

I like the overall new sound better actually. Like you said with the agressive breathtaking rifs, and Vitek's drumming skills really bloomed in Organic Halucinosis. So pretty much agree with you. I hope Covan recovers and they find a new drummer thats as good as Vitek.
09.03.2009 - 05:18
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Vogg just posted a blog on Decapitated's MySpace saying that he's looking for new musicians to reform the band. Someone want to post this as news? I'm too lazy. lol
11.03.2009 - 21:04
Endoftherainbow
I'm glad theyre going on they can easily find a new drummer and the new vocalist wasn't as good as the old one so hopefully they find someone more like the old vocalist can't wait to hear some new tunes from these guys.
21.03.2009 - 12:14
RockeRoy
Nihility an the negation is my favorit album, i don't like winds of creation
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
27.03.2009 - 19:03
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
It's indeed great news that they're going on, but i wouldn't be to critical for their next release since it's surely a heavy load to mentally carry on a dead band member. Anyways, i hope the best for Decapitated and who knows maybe their upcoming release will be good after all.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
27.07.2009 - 07:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone heard Sauron's new band, Masachist (he goes by the name "Pig" now)? They also have Daray (Vader/Vesania), Trufel (Azarath/Yattering), and Heinrich (Vesania). Their debut album came out a few months ago.

They're more straightforward than Decapitated and definitely not as good, but it's great to hear Sauron/Pig's voice again
28.07.2009 - 08:01
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 27.07.2009 at 07:36

Has anyone heard Sauron's new band, Masachist (he goes by the name "Pig" now)? They also have Daray (Vader/Vesania), Trufel (Azarath/Yattering), and Heinrich (Vesania). Their debut album came out a few months ago.

They're more straightforward than Decapitated and definitely not as good, but it's great to hear Sauron/Pig's voice again

It be very cool if he rejoined Decapitated. Long shot I know. Then it would be even cooler if he could drag along a few of his new band mates.
21.08.2009 - 04:06
I am absolutely addicted to Decapitated. I want to see them really badly, it truely is a major loss for metal (R.I.P Vitek). He was such a great drummer.

Winds of creation was a perfect album in my opinion. Every song... Well except Dance Macabre... But yeah, blessed! Holy shit is Blessed insane or what.

I like Organic, but I prefer WoC, Negation and Nihility way more.

Awesome band. Really great guitarists. I wish I could have seen them in their prime.
----
30.08.2009 - 05:26
Written by Windsovcreation on 21.08.2009 at 04:06

Holy shit is Blessed insane or what.

Yep. it is. The riffing throughout the album is so intense, I don't think they ever got back to that style. WoC is their bet. I still like Organic though it has it's moments. It's probably Vitek's best album
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
30.08.2009 - 23:39
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Winds of Creation is a damn fine slab of meaty death metal. Check out my review on it. Some of the best riffs in death metal are on this album (imo) and hell yeah Blessed is an insane song, the starting guitar riff unhealthily good.
----
05.09.2009 - 11:43
Immortal
I remember when Vitek died it wasn't too long ago, he was in a car crash I think. Earache records got a few Decapitated albums and merc etc to sell off and raise money for his funeral because I don't think his family are too well off. I bought a couple of the things that were up for sale. That was really cool of them to do that.

R.I.P. Vitek
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
14.09.2009 - 04:29
I definitely hear you when you say Organic was Vitek's best album.... it was a great album no doubt, but nothing like WoC/Negation/Nihilty... The empty throne is a fun song to play on guitar.
Kind of repetitive, but still a badass tune.
----
14.09.2009 - 23:06
GamlaSonn
I've only heard Winds of Creation so far and it's a killer album. Impressive that the band was only made of 15-18 year olds at that time ^^
26.03.2010 - 07:35
wormdrink414
Elite
Decapitated lives! Watch this right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AlZldJFooU&feature=related