Metal Storm logo
Varg Vikernes - A Free Man

Varg Vikernes has in an interview with the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet confirmed that he has been released from prison.

He was released a couple a weeks ago after 16 years in prison, and is now living at a small farm in Telemark with his French wife and 18 months old son as planned when he was granted parole (see here).

Source: dagbladet.no
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 23.05.2009 by GT

Comments page 3 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 91   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 449 users
24.05.2009 - 15:51
rageing atheist
Account deleted
He is married and has a daughter and a young son. Why the fuck should media make up a lie according to which he's married?
24.05.2009 - 17:34
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Mugthulhu on 24.05.2009 at 15:20

Written by GT on 24.05.2009 at 13:32

In this article he says he miss his wife and son...

If that is what the article says, then it is most likely made up of media lies.

If you don't believe it then that's up to you...it just seems stupid to deny facts :
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.05.2009 - 19:13
TheBigRossowski
Welcome to the world, Dude! Be careful not to get one of those nasty farmer tans
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
24.05.2009 - 21:02
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.05.2009 at 14:35

Written by Lord_Regnier on 24.05.2009 at 02:57

and his vocals are god awful (he just yells as if he was raped or put under torture).

A friend of mine, and met too, alwyas compare his vocals to the sound a strangeled parakeet would make.

Varg does indeed have some of the truest, most grim, anti-human vocals from the early 90s Norwegian movement (Askes and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss are my favorites of his). Ildjarn is comparable and just as awesome, if you understand this style of vocals. Varg is FREE!!!
24.05.2009 - 22:32
Nyxgrinder
Varg is free
varg is old
varg´s shirt looks sazzzzy
come on green and pink?
he has nothing to do with Black Metal anymore
25.05.2009 - 01:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Welcome back!
----
25.05.2009 - 04:16
Mugthulhu
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.05.2009 at 15:43

Written by Mugthulhu on 24.05.2009 at 15:20

Written by GT on 24.05.2009 at 13:32

Written by Mugthulhu on 23.05.2009 at 17:14

Written by GT on 23.05.2009 at 15:50

Written by Mugthulhu on 23.05.2009 at 15:05

I don't think he's married. Now why would he be married? Damn media.

Well that's not for you to decide. When the man himself says he's married my guess would be that he is

I don't think he ever said he's married. I think that is something the media has made up. Varg says on his website that he is unmarried.

In this article he says he miss his wife and son...

If that is what the article says, then it is most likely made up of media lies.

Why can't Varg be married to a woman? Do you know something about him we don't? Is he gay, just like Gaahl?

Of course he's not gay. And of course he COULD be married, i just don't bellive he is. I could be wrong of course.
If he IS married, then I have no idea what method he would have used. I don't know much about marriage, but norway is a christian nation and i guess the most popular way to get married is by getting wed by a christian priest. And that is something Varg would NOT do, since he opposes christianity. And i don't think it's possible to have a Viking wedding anymore.
Perhaps there are "non-religious" ways to get married that i don't know about.
Please enlighten me.
25.05.2009 - 05:14
Lord_Regnier
Funny that Varg's real name is Kristian Vikernes, isn't it? As he hates christianity so much.

But it's even more funny in Gaahl's case, as his name is not only Kristian, but Kristian Eivind Espedal. Pédale is a very rude word for homosexuals in French, the equivalent of faggot in English. (I find the detail funny but I have no hatred towards homosexuals)
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
25.05.2009 - 10:03
RockeRoy
Quote:
Of course he's not gay. And of course he COULD be married, i just don't bellive he is. I could be wrong of course.
If he IS married, then I have no idea what method he would have used. I don't know much about marriage, but norway is a christian nation and i guess the most popular way to get married is by getting wed by a christian priest. And that is something Varg would NOT do, since he opposes christianity. And i don't think it's possible to have a Viking wedding anymore.
Please enlighten me.

I am from norway and even though people moastly get married in church, there is other non-chrisitan ways to do it aslo, my cousin and his girl got married just signing some papers at someones office. And i think varg is married because i think i saw a ring on his finger when he come in to the store that i work and bought a printer from me. Anyway he lives in my little town so i am sure to see him again. so i will look closely at his finger:) maybe i'll ask him... ha ha
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
25.05.2009 - 13:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Mugthulhu on 25.05.2009 at 04:16

Please enlighten me.

When one wants to get married in Norway the only maariage that is official is when people get married by the state. When they get married only in church and not by the state the marriage isn't legal. Some people get married both in chruch and by the state but ALL people get married by the state there. If it is anything like in The Netherlands only a very small percentage of people will get married in church as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.05.2009 - 16:40
Mugthulhu
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.05.2009 at 13:31

Written by Mugthulhu on 25.05.2009 at 04:16

Please enlighten me.

When one wants to get married in Norway the only maariage that is official is when people get married by the state. When they get married only in church and not by the state the marriage isn't legal. Some people get married both in chruch and by the state but ALL people get married by the state there. If it is anything like in The Netherlands only a very small percentage of people will get married in church as well.

Well then, perhaps he is married. This is not the first time I've made an ass out of myself. I suppose this is what i get for speaking about stuff i know too little about. I just assumed the only way to get married in Norway was in the church, or somewhere else with a priest (like my parents who didn't marry in church, but was wed by a priest), except if you are from another religion with it's own marriage methods.
26.05.2009 - 19:03
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Mugthulhu on 25.05.2009 at 16:40

This is not the first time I've made an ass out of myself.

why am i not surprised?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.05.2009 - 00:06
Mugthulhu
Written by BitterCOld on 26.05.2009 at 19:03

why am i not surprised?

Why are you being an ass?
27.05.2009 - 00:48
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Mugthulhu on 27.05.2009 at 00:06

Written by BitterCOld on 26.05.2009 at 19:03

why am i not surprised?

Why are you being an ass?

you've been such an ass all throughout this thread that i couldn't very well let you hog all the limelight.

although the post you are responding to is not actually a post of mine. it's a media lie.

in all honesty, because people like you just piss me off. anyone who actually believes vargs "account of the week" of the incident is a fool. the dude has spent the last 15 years rehashing his story.

in his own words regarding Euronymous, he has always indicated that Euronymous was a man of all talk and no action, pointing to himself as the guy who was the actual instigator for the scene at the time. in short, given his own repeatedly stated opinion of the man as someone who lacked the balls to act on anything, Vargs "self defence" notion is absolute crap. if he felt Euronymous was all talk but lacked the balls to act, what did he have to fear from the man? nothing. nothing at all.

the fact is he drove halfway across Norway with an arsenal of weapons in the car and stabbed a semi-incoherent, half asleep guy clad only in his underwear twenty odd times. mostly in the back. that seems hardly defensive to me...

he's tried revise his story so that Euronymous was only stabbed a couple times and the rest of the cuts were injuries as a result of broken glass shards, but somehow when it comes to assessment of the wounds sustained by the corpse in question, i'm far more apt to believe CSI: Oslo than the guy facing the prison sentence.

the reality is we'll NEVER know the truth, and whatever Vargy McVargersson has to say is completely fraudulent as it is entirely self-serving.

i'm willing to bet he killed him for one of two reasons - 1 - Euro owed him a bunch of money for the Burzum albums and he wanted it back. Euro couldn't pay him as he was piss-poor at financial management. -2- Ego - the "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" nonsense. he had to be the BMOC.

the fact that Vargy is literate and has had 15 years to redo his story, tweaking it to make himself look better and Euronymous both pathetic and somehow responsible for it has somehow brainwashed a bunch of feebleminded simpleton fanbois into thinking each new account is correct and that the poor bastard deserved it.

the real reason that Vargy hates the book so much is most likely because his accounting of that night's events contained within LOC are probably the ones least revisionist and therefore closest to the truth. the closer the account to the incident, the less time he had to revise his story.

the fact that you repeatedly deny he's married and play off reference to it as "media lies" (as if that is somehow a hit on the man's black-street cred?!?!) show just to what pathetic depths varg fanbois will sink to delude themselves into believing the kvlt hero status that they've given the douche bag in question.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.05.2009 - 01:30
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I think the point here is, he KILLED a man, no matter the reason, ego or money, because I doubt it was self-defense the reason that made him a killer. Whatever, he is free, "Time Shall Tell", if he is ready for society, we will know, if something wrong happens, again, surely, we will know...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
27.05.2009 - 01:42
Lord_Regnier
Written by BitterCOld on 27.05.2009 at 00:48

in all honesty, because people like you just piss me off. anyone who actually believes vargs "account of the week" of the incident is a fool. the dude has spent the last 15 years rehashing his story.

in his own words regarding Euronymous, he has always indicated that Euronymous was a man of all talk and no action, pointing to himself as the guy who was the actual instigator for the scene at the time. in short, given his own repeatedly stated opinion of the man as someone who lacked the balls to act on anything, Vargs "self defence" notion is absolute crap. if he felt Euronymous was all talk but lacked the balls to act, what did he have to fear from the man? nothing. nothing at all.

the fact is he drove halfway across Norway with an arsenal of weapons in the car and stabbed a semi-incoherent, half asleep guy clad only in his underwear twenty odd times. mostly in the back. that seems hardly defensive to me...

he's tried revise his story so that Euronymous was only stabbed a couple times and the rest of the cuts were injuries as a result of broken glass shards, but somehow when it comes to assessment of the wounds sustained by the corpse in question, i'm far more apt to believe CSI: Oslo than the guy facing the prison sentence.

the reality is we'll NEVER know the truth, and whatever Vargy McVargersson has to say is completely fraudulent as it is entirely self-serving.

i'm willing to bet he killed him for one of two reasons - 1 - Euro owed him a bunch of money for the Burzum albums and he wanted it back. Euro couldn't pay him as he was piss-poor at financial management. -2- Ego - the "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" nonsense. he had to be the BMOC.

the fact that Vargy is literate and has had 15 years to redo his story, tweaking it to make himself look better and Euronymous both pathetic and somehow responsible for it has somehow brainwashed a bunch of feebleminded simpleton fanbois into thinking each new account is correct and that the poor bastard deserved it.

the real reason that Vargy hates the book so much is most likely because his accounting of that night's events contained within LOC are probably the ones least revisionist and therefore closest to the truth. the closer the account to the incident, the less time he had to revise his story.

the fact that you repeatedly deny he's married and play off reference to it as "media lies" (as if that is somehow a hit on the man's black-street cred?!?!) show just to what pathetic depths varg fanbois will sink to delude themselves into believing the kvlt hero status that they've given the douche bag in question.

Agreed. Most of the young 'tr00 kvlt' kids who worship Vikernes as a god don't even take the time to analize all this from a logical standpoint. If they read his statements over the years and watched a few interviews, they would realize how much he changes his mind and contradicts himself.

And if it's true that Euronymous was all talk no action, it only proves he was more intelligent than poor retarded Varg. Why burning churches yourself, being caught and sent to jail? Find a stupid lackey who's willing to do it for yourself. And if this lackey is caught, no big deal anyway, just find another idiot. During all that time, you might get yourself in little trouble, but infinitely much less than the culprit who takes action. The exact principle of an army in medieval times: put the armed peasants in the front lines, so they'll be the ones who'll sustain the first assault and surely die. And keep the king far away, on top of the hill, where he should not be harmed. Why risk our lives when we have others who will die in our place?
Poor pathetic 'tr00 kvlt' kids...They don't even realize they worship an imbecile.
----
27.05.2009 - 02:41
Mugthulhu
Written by BitterCOld on 27.05.2009 at 00:48

you've been such an ass all throughout this thread that i couldn't very well let you hog all the limelight.

although the post you are responding to is not actually a post of mine. it's a media lie.

First of all, I was never an ass. I only stated my belief that he was unmarried. I NEVER insulted anyone.

Secondly, I'm not one of those "trve kvlt" kiddies. I respect Varg only because of our shared view on christianity and paganism.

To the part about Euronymous being a coward and all talk. Let me quote a part from Vargs biograpy: "If scared enough even the biggest cowards become dangerous."

Also he did not drive halfway across Norway with an arsenal of weapons in the car. He only had a knife (that was left in the car) and a dull pocketknife.

The only reason i denied that he was married was that i lacked knowledge about marriage. I believed that the only way to get married was through a religious ceremony (like in the church). And since Varg is opposed to christianity, i found it absurd that he would be married. But as someone told me that marriage can be arranged in a non-religious manner by simply signing some papers, i realized that i might have been wrong and thus had "made an ass out of myself".
You are the one who started the insults.
27.05.2009 - 02:47
Lord_Regnier
@Mugthulhu: Just to avoid any misunderstanding. I never said you were a 'tr00 kvlt' kid. I was talking of this attitude in general and not about anyone in particular.
----
27.05.2009 - 03:06
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Mugthulhu on 27.05.2009 at 02:41

First of all, I was never an ass. I only stated my belief that he was unmarried. I NEVER insulted anyone.

Secondly, I'm not one of those "trve kvlt" kiddies. I respect Varg only because of our shared view on christianity and paganism.

To the part about Euronymous being a coward and all talk. Let me quote a part from Vargs biograpy: "If scared enough even the biggest cowards become dangerous."

Also he did not drive halfway across Norway with an arsenal of weapons in the car. He only had a knife (that was left in the car) and a dull pocketknife.

The only reason i denied that he was married was that i lacked knowledge about marriage. I believed that the only way to get married was through a religious ceremony (like in the church). And since Varg is opposed to christianity, i found it absurd that he would be married. But as someone told me that marriage can be arranged in a non-religious manner by simply signing some papers, i realized that i might have been wrong and thus had "made an ass out of myself".
You are the one who started the insults.

You yourself copped to being an ass on the thread, so that addresses point one. You contradict yourself just like Varg within the confines of the above quite. "I was never an ass" ... "had "made an ass out of myself."

Secondly - the fact you immediately jumped to the "media lies" card as a response to the statement he was married does a pretty decent job in painting you in with Team Fanboi. If you respected Varg only because of shared views on Christianity and paganism, why would his marital status merit enough to even comment on? Pagans have their own marriage ceremonies, correct? Or did you believe that only Christians get hitched? Are you completely oblivious to the fact atheists, Jews, Muslims, Satanists, and lots of other non-Christian religions get married?

You lacked the knowledge and lashed out about something that is pretty much parsimonious rather than take a moment to confirm it. He's married. Why quibble about it? Who, outside you, fucking cares?

As for his arsenal - that is one of the revised details of the story. You side with him rather than consider a nutjob psycho who posed for pics in armor with weapons might have carried, oh, I don't know, an axe that was left in the trunk... Golly, that's what the driver alleges. But again, it's not shocking that someone who pretty much goes along with Varg's tale of the month would believe the account of the killer rather than those of others involved.

I'm done with this, you, and anyone else who believes whatever draft the black metal version of L. Ron Hubbard types up this week. Unless Varg's next masterpiece of fiction has OJ Simpson, Dolly the cloned sheep, or the reanimated corpse of Walt Disney waste Euronymous... then I'll convert immediately!
----

29.05.2009 - 19:15
Sweet sweet freedom!!!!!!!:cool:
30.05.2009 - 12:59
Narbhakshika
Account deleted
Atlast free.the fruit has payed
02.06.2009 - 20:26
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Very cool, now he should kill Fenriz for making crappy albums since 1996.
02.06.2009 - 21:42
Lord_Regnier
Written by Metalhead2 on 02.06.2009 at 20:26

Very cool, now he should kill Fenriz for making crappy albums since 1996.

I have three things to say:

First: Fuck you.

Second: Fuck this board.

Third: Fuck the metal community in general.

I call my quit. I can't stand the retardation level of metal forums any longer.
----
02.06.2009 - 21:52
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Quote:

Fourth: fuck all crappy metal like the later Darkthrone
03.06.2009 - 04:44
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 25.05.2009 at 05:14

Funny that Varg's real name is Kristian Vikernes, isn't it? As he hates christianity so much.

What? Kristian was the name he was born with. He legally changed it to Varg himself later on.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
03.06.2009 - 07:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Metalhead2 on 02.06.2009 at 21:52

Quote:

Fourth: fuck all crappy metal like the later Darkthrone

Does ANUS pay you to promote them like mad?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.06.2009 - 15:16
TheBodycage
So, does that mean his burning churches/Euronymous stabbing days are over?
----
Nothing Can Tame My Wicked Heart
05.06.2009 - 16:58
AbdelioR
Written by TheBodycage on 03.06.2009 at 15:16

He will return...

----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
07.06.2009 - 10:42
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by AbdelioR on 05.06.2009 at 16:58

He will return...

Excellent!!!
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
07.06.2009 - 12:44
TheBodycage
Olololol!

Written by AbdelioR on 05.06.2009 at 16:58

He will return...

----
Nothing Can Tame My Wicked Heart

Hits total: 15111 | This month: 42