Metal Storm logo
Phlebotomized - Dutch Symphonic/Avantgarde Death/Doom Metal

09.01.2008 - 13:49
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted

As some of us know, the dutch extreme metal scene had some serious stuff going on back in the late 80s and early 90s, though, most of these bands got forgotten, except for bands like Pestilence maybe. If you want to know how Phlebotomized sounds like, imagine diSEMBOWELMENT adding symponic elements to their music, and you have an idea of how this majestic band sounds like. Phlebotomized is a wicked mixture of grindcore, death metal and symphonic doom metal. After recording two demos and two ep's, this band released one of my fav. albums and probably one of the most underrated albums in death metal history, named "Immense Intense Suspense". After that album, one more album followed titled "Skycontact" and the band split-up. All of their albums are out of print, so if you want to check this band out, you've gotta be lucky like me and find some of their stuff, or just download their music.

This band is extremely recommended to fans of Atheist, Cynic, Pan.Thy.Monium and other prog/technical death metal bands.

MySpace : Here you're gonna find some of their songs, I extremely recommend "Barricade". Though, the songs on their myspace are just a few, I seriously beg you to listen to their entire immense intense suspense album!!!

Metal-Archives Page

Edit: Immense Intense Suspense got released in 1994, but for some reasons the crapheads at metal-archives won't change it.
09.01.2008 - 14:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its good band old scvhool death metal thats what I like vene I know fiew songs
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.01.2008 - 14:32
Damnated
Churchburner
i haven't listened to them in a while, but i think i'll pick up Immense, Intense, Suspense later on today. these guys are awsome.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
09.01.2008 - 16:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I haven't listened to them in a long time. And will sure do so again soon. Saw them live a couple of times and they were great live too.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.01.2008 - 16:26
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.01.2008 at 16:23

I haven't listened to them in a long time. And will sure do so again soon. Saw them live a couple of times and they were great live too.

I never saw them live, obviously to my age lol, but when I bought the "Preach Eternal Gospels" last week I saw that on the inlay there is a live picture of them and it was the first time I saw a violinist on stage in an extreme metal band, I'm sure it rocked.
10.01.2008 - 00:01
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I downloaded some of their material some time ago, but I have yet to listen to them. I really need to get on that. If you saw they're awesome, I might as well give them a listen.
17.02.2008 - 16:47
KC
Great band. Make an effort to check them out, guys!
----
Transcending Obscurity Records | PR Company | Online Magazine (est 2005)

http://www.tometal.com
http://www.facebook.com/transcendingobscurity
08.04.2008 - 00:45
diSEMBOWELMENT
Account deleted
just want to reactivate this thread because you guys have no idea what you're missing...
13.03.2009 - 00:00
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I have recently listened to them, and the music is absolutely beautiful. I sure wish that they would re-release "Immense Intense Suspense". I'd purchase that in a heartbeat.
13.03.2009 - 13:49
VPeter
A great band forgotten by time, Love their weird branch of avantgarde Death Metal. They are miles better then The Monolith Deathcult by the way.