05. I Am Morbid
06. 10 More Dead
07. Destructos VS The Earth / Attack
08. Nevermore
09. Beauty Meets Beast
10. Radikult
11. Profundis - Mea Culpa

Additional info
Release dates: June 6th: Europe, June 7th: North America.

Available in following formats:
- Wooden foldout box
- Metal starpak CD (Outside North America)
- Deluxe digipak CD (North America only)
- Double gatefold LP with download card
- Jewel case CD
- Digital download

Mixed by Sean Beavan for SOS Management Inc. at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Drums for "Profundis - Mea Culpa", "Destructos VS The Earth / Attack", "Too Extreme!", "Nevermore", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Existo Vulgoré" recorded at Mana Recording Studios. Engineer: Erik Rutan.

Drums for "I Am Morbid", "Radikult", "Blades For Baal" and "10 More Dead" recorded at Red Room Studios. Enginner: Mark Prator.

Guitars, bass and vocals recorded at D.O.W. Studios. Engineer: Juan "Punchy" Gonzalez.

Vocals for "Existo Vulgoré", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Profundis - Mea Culpa" recorded with Sean Beavan at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Cover artwork and booklet design by Gustavo Sazes.

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
N/A
More than any other release in recent times, Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus has polarized our staff members. As anyone familiar with these Floridian death metal forefathers knows, they just came back from a long 8 year absence with a new album that also features their original vocalist, David Vincent, for the first time in 16 years. Due to the notability of this release, we decided to create a collaborative review, which gives all of the staff members to voice their opinions. Here they are, ranging from most negative to quite positive.

Read more ››
published 13.06.2011 | Comments (61)

Staff pick by
!J.O.O.E.!
So you thought you'd heard the pinnacle of experimental metal? Think again buster, Morbid Angel are here to please their fanbase with everything they could have ever wanted: rip-roaring hardcore snarls, air-punching electro-beatz, brutal, technical Rammstein-worship and truly forward-thinking lyrical content such as the never before contemplated "KILL A COP COP, KILL A COP, KILL-A-KILL-A-COP!" all of which will have you grabbing your glowsticks, squeezing into your favourite UV neon-latex vest and before you know it you'll be throwing shapes down your local Goth-pit, big-fish, little-fish, cardboard box style. Yeah, Morbid Angel know what they're doing and are making metal sexier than ever before.

!J.O.O.E.!'s picks | More picks ››

Found in 18 lists
Top lists

Comments page 9 / 10

Comments: 294   Visited by: 2094 users
03.10.2011 - 06:46
Rating: 6
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=111774] on 03.10.2011 at 04:07

Radikult>Too Extreme,Ten More Dead, and Beauty Meets Beast. Which is not to say that Radikult is any good; simply that the three other songs redefine awful, especially Beauty Meets Beast. Some people say that the aformentioned song is one of the highlights of the album. I don't get it, it's quite possibley the most boring death metal song I've ever heard. The entire song sounds like an overlong buildup that never goes anywhere.

"10 More Dead" worse than "Radikult" and "Too Extreme!"? You've got to be kidding... That's one of the best songs on the album for me. Personally, it's very easy for me to divide the album into two different parts. One part is the experimental stuff (Extreme, Destructos, Mea Culpa and Radikult) and the other, the death metal, non-experimental part. (all the other songs)

From the former part, "Too Extreme!" and "Radikult" are totally awful, and just irredeemably bad. The other 2 aren't quite as bad, but are still pretty terrible. From the latter part, "Beauty Meets Beast" is easily the worst song, although even this one isn't as bad as any from the experimental part. The other 4 are great songs, especially "Blades For Baal" and "Nevermore" which are only hampered by the cold, sterile production. (which works for techno/industrial stuff, but not metal)

Had they released all the non-experimental stuff as an EP, and with a better more organic production, I'd definitely have no problems giving it a 8.5. But the actual production, and especially those awful experimental tracks, means that any way you look at it, this is a bad MA album. Half of the album is decent - great, while the other half is just woeful stuff.

@Troy: Agreed, as outlined in what I said I above. lol
14.10.2011 - 08:46
Rating: 3
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I had huge expectations for this album, really, some years ago I saw Morbid Angel playing "Nevermore" live and it sounded fucking awesome, so I was really stoked for this, I really wanted it to be good, and then...
Oh shit, I feel like if I've been trolled all this years, lol.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
14.10.2011 - 08:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Daggon on 14.10.2011 at 08:46
Oh shit, I feel like if I've been trolled all this years, lol.

That's like a beam of light coming down from the heavens shining upon you as you hear a choir of angels sing majestically kind of trolling. Fucking megatrolled.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.11.2011 - 00:55
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
A bulldozer is more enjoyable to listen to
08.11.2011 - 08:21
Rating: 7
metaleaterr
abstract_bliss
It is not as bad as some are making it but yes, they have changed their sound a lot...bringing industrial and electronic influences in their sound...by the way 'I am morbid' is the highlight of the album and easily one of their best songs. '!0 more dead', 'mea culpa', 'beauty meets beast', 'nevermore' and 'blades for baal' are also killer tracks. Overall it is a good album. Old school fans would be disappointed while those who are more open with change will like it.
08.11.2011 - 09:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by metaleaterr on 08.11.2011 at 08:21
Old school fans would be disappointed while those who are more open with change will like it.

I am an old school MA fan, and I'm also open to change. However, the changes made to their sound on their latest album, are definitely for the worse, and sound awful. Some songs do have a more old school vibe though, if not an old school production. There is some good songs on the album, and I certainly don't think it's anywhere near as bad as some are making out. Songs like "Too Extreme!" and "Radikult" though, are totally awful...
08.11.2011 - 14:03
metaleaterr
abstract_bliss
Yeah..that's true. Some songs especially lyrics are so funny. I too was genuinely surprised at the sudden change. In fact except 'I am morbid' none of the songs quite appealed to me.
23.11.2011 - 10:56
Athropos
Burning inside
This album is far from being a masterpiece, but it's definitely underrated on MS...
01.12.2011 - 13:08
SelfXPlanetOrE
Written by drdml on 20.07.2011 at 16:49

3 people voted 10!
WTF is wrong with them.
worst album i've ever heard.

Closed-minded prick.
01.12.2011 - 20:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by SelfXPlanetOrE on 01.12.2011 at 13:08
Closed-minded prick.

Delusional fanboy.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.12.2011 - 22:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by SelfXPlanetOrE on 01.12.2011 at 13:08

Written by drdml on 20.07.2011 at 16:49

3 people voted 10!
WTF is wrong with them.
worst album i've ever heard.

Closed-minded ...

wrong argument
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.12.2011 - 23:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Meh, both SelfXPlanetOrE and drdml are as bad as each other. Attacking someone just for holding a certain opinion on music is always pathetic.
01.12.2011 - 23:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
But it's fun to make people think you're being serious about it.
----
01.12.2011 - 23:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.12.2011 at 23:21

But it's fun to make people think you're being serious about it.

Well to be fair, most people who do that, are being serious about it. (And I think it's fair to say that both of the posters in question, were being serious) And the ones that aren't... let's just say I probably don't have the particular sense of humor required to actually find that funny.
04.12.2011 - 16:57
heteo
Nothing to say.. i gave this album 6 because of morbids history
04.12.2011 - 23:24
AtrumHiberna
Not as bad as people make it sound. I find it very difficult to believe that you can't even find at least one song that you like in this album. '10 more dead' for example is a kick ass song and sticks to the traditional Morbid Angel sound. And this is just an example. only 3 songs are purely industrial, the rest is at least above average death metal songs.
Give it a chance and listen to it a few more times.
----
This is my worship, this is my path...
11.12.2011 - 18:22
Nagrzer
Great and fresh album, tru death metal!
12.12.2011 - 01:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Nagrzer on 11.12.2011 at 18:22

The truest!
----
02.01.2012 - 19:41
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Nagrzer on 11.12.2011 at 18:22

You best be trolling boy.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
15.01.2012 - 02:25
Rating: 8
Stotty
Written by AtrumHiberna on 04.12.2011 at 23:24

Not as bad as people make it sound. I find it very difficult to believe that you can't even find at least one song that you like in this album. '10 more dead' for example is a kick ass song and sticks to the traditional Morbid Angel sound. And this is just an example. only 3 songs are purely industrial, the rest is at least above average death metal songs.

well said
15.01.2012 - 03:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by AtrumHiberna on 04.12.2011 at 23:24

I do think many people "disowned" Morbid Angel as a result of songs like "Too Extreme", and so therefore dismissed the whole album because of that. More than half of the album is more the traditional Morbid Angel sound, even if the cold production is more befitting for the techno/industrial type material, than the more straight-ahead death metal material. I do think the album comes in for too much of a bashing, due to there being 2 or 3 terrible songs on it.
29.02.2012 - 16:53
mojo
Sounds like Trey was just having fun the studio on this one and it's really not that bad. "Too Extreme" is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while (I'm choosing to believe he's at least kind of taking the piss so it works for me)

I wonder if this would've got the visceral reaction it's got if it'd been released by some unknown artist / producer? I know it wasn't, but I try not to do the "It's not as good as...." thing with new releases, especially if the band are clearly experimenting with new sounds / styles / whatevers. On that level, this album is mostly OK (still not awesome, but mostly OK)

Actually, I reckon it was basically a vehicle for the bunch of remixes, and there are at least two tunes on it to keep trüeMETALgrrr fans happy-ish till Trey releases the Real New Morbid Angel LP, heh..

Hilarious hatred, though - that alone has been worth this album
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
29.02.2012 - 16:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mojo on 29.02.2012 at 16:53

I wonder if this would've got the visceral reaction it's got if it'd been released by some unknown artist / producer?

This would have received a FAR higher rating had it been done by another artist, be it unknown or with a history of making music in this vein.
04.07.2012 - 23:43
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
This can't be that bad. Gonna check it now.
05.07.2012 - 00:47
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by [user id=114505] on 04.07.2012 at 23:43

I couldn't even finish the album Both death and industrial metal are good genres... I thought they could be mixed, but no.

St. Anger is ten times better than this.
05.07.2012 - 13:05
Big-Al
Written by [user id=114505] on 05.07.2012 at 00:47

Written by [user id=114505] on 04.07.2012 at 23:43

Both death and industrial metal are good genres... I thought they could be mixed, but no.

The Berzerker?
----

I drink moosepiss
05.07.2012 - 14:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Big-Al on 05.07.2012 at 13:05
The Berzerker?

More like industrial and grindcore, or cybergrind.
----
05.07.2012 - 21:49
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted

The Berzerker?

Hm... they even have a morbid angel cover Do you like them?
06.07.2012 - 10:10
Big-Al
Written by [user id=114505] on 05.07.2012 at 21:49

The Berzerker?

For sure!!

The Berzerker was awesome! ...but disbanded around 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqjt-0N-1rs
----

I drink moosepiss
06.07.2012 - 19:00
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Big-Al on 06.07.2012 at 10:10

Written by [user id=114505] on 05.07.2012 at 21:49

The Berzerker?

For sure!!

The Berzerker was awesome! ...but disbanded around 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqjt-0N-1rs

I will check them later. Now I will check some Katatonia

Wait! You gave this album an 10???

Hits total: 47493 | This month: 94