Metal Storm logo
Motley Crue

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 28.04.2007 - 02:20
Heres a band that by all means should be on this site in my opinion. Helped start the 80s 'Hair Metal' movement. What does everyone else think of this band?
18.12.2007 - 00:44
Lord TJ
Written by Doc G. on 17.12.2007 at 10:19

read my article instead of me going into this big rant again.

Okie dokie.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
18.12.2007 - 23:45
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Has anybody heard the new Nikki Sixx song? It's incredibly shocking, my dad had the radio on and at the end of this alternative rock-esque type of song, the DJ said it was Nikki Sixx. Bizarre man, i was surprised.
19.12.2007 - 00:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=160] on 18.12.2007 at 23:45

Has anybody heard the new Nikki Sixx song? It's incredibly shocking, my dad had the radio on and at the end of this alternative rock-esque type of song, the DJ said it was Nikki Sixx. Bizarre man, i was surprised.

Are you thinking of Sixx:AM? its this new album by Nikki Sixx (and two other guys), its a soundtrack for his book 'The Heroin Diaries'
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.12.2007 - 02:17
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: probably, not sure.
19.12.2007 - 07:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=160] on 19.12.2007 at 02:17

@Dr. Rock: probably, not sure.

Most likely, thats his most recent musical creation.
----
- George Carlin
26.12.2007 - 21:51
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I'll keep an ear out for it for next time.

man I just downloaded a bunch of songs from Too Fast For Love
16.01.2008 - 10:10
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
they really really fucked things up for metal....so many people were confused and thought this was metal!
16.01.2008 - 19:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=823] on 16.01.2008 at 10:10

they really really fucked things up for metal....so many people were confused and thought this was metal!

But at least they were less non-metal than Poison. All thos ebands played pop rock at best IMO and sucked majorly, thank God, they were NEVER appreciated in countries such as The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, many a tour here was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

Death To Posers...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.01.2008 - 22:23
marillionfan
Account deleted
never been into Motley crue much, to me the only decent album of them is Shout at the Devil; at least it's the only album I don't have to use the "skip" button while listening to it. They have some good songs on the other albums but also so many dreadful songs as well; their selftitled album that does not feature Vince Neil on vocals was also pretty good but sold poorly because Vince Neil was not there. Excuse the bashing but Motley crue did not bring much to rock music, only more MC clones - best examples are Poison and Ratt.
17.01.2008 - 06:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=17278] on 16.01.2008 at 22:23

never been into Motley crue much, to me the only decent album of them is Speak to the Devil; at least it's the only album I don't have to use the "skip" button while listening to it. They have some good songs on the other albums but also so many dreadful songs as well; their selftitled album that does not feature Vince Neil on vocals was also pretty good but sold poorly because Vince Neil was not there. Excuse the bashing but Motley crue did not bring much to rock music, only more MC clones - best examples are Poison and Ratt.

Shout At The Devil.
----
- George Carlin
17.01.2008 - 10:00
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2008 at 06:41

never been into Motley crue much, to me the only decent album of them is Speak to the Devil; at least it's the only album I don't have to use the "skip" button while listening to it. They have some good songs on the other albums but also so many dreadful songs as well; their selftitled album that does not feature Vince Neil on vocals was also pretty good but sold poorly because Vince Neil was not there. Excuse the bashing but Motley crue did not bring much to rock music, only more MC clones - best examples are Poison and Ratt.

Shout At The Devil.

right, excuse me please.
17.01.2008 - 11:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=17278] on 17.01.2008 at 10:00

Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2008 at 06:41

Shout At The Devil.

right, excuse me please.

And that album I find crap at best as well
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.01.2008 - 08:10
Son of Odin
They have done like 4 good songs...Red Hot, Shout at the devil, You´re all I need, Kickstart my heart.
Not a big fan of them.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
20.01.2008 - 10:54
deadset61
Account deleted
Only hair/glam metal band ill listen to. Saw them live in '06. They put on a cool show but i wish they would get rid of Tommy Lee. I think he is a nuisance to their music. Otherwise they sound great for their age.
21.01.2008 - 03:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Deadset
Thats odd, hes the only actually skilled musician in the group.
----
- George Carlin
21.01.2008 - 04:35
Sonic MrSumo
I think Dr. Feelgood is one of the greatest rock albums ever. Every time I listen to it, I can't help but tap my foot and play air guitar. The lyrics are a crack up to!

"Tattoo crawling down her leg so sexy, so young ever get caught they'll arrest me!"...

Brilliant stuff!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
15.02.2008 - 19:12
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.01.2008 at 19:38

Written by [user id=823] on 16.01.2008 at 10:10

But at least they were less non-metal than Poison. All thos ebands played pop rock at best IMO and sucked majorly, thank God, they were NEVER appreciated in countries such as The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, many a tour here was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

Death To Posers...

i completely agree with you! in fact couldn't couldn't agree more
20.02.2008 - 21:36
Raining Blood
pretty good I enjoyed there music
13.04.2008 - 12:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Well, The Crue have finally come up with some new material, and heres a fresh song:
http://www.spinner.com/2008/04/11/motley-crue-saints-of-los-angeles-song-premiere/

Its good until Vince starts farting into the mike and trying to pass it off as vocals.
----
- George Carlin
18.08.2008 - 20:24
takewarning
Diggin the video for Motherfucker of the Year, has anyone else heard it?
Check it here if not.
19.08.2008 - 04:54
ONE OF THE BEST BANDS EVER!
09.04.2009 - 17:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Woaah yeah gonna see them in Kavarna this July, been liking every song i heard on vh1 from them, now i started listening to some of their more famous songs, sounds like a heavier more badass version of Guns n Roses... and their cover of Jailhouse Rock rules
09.04.2009 - 17:53
Baz Anderson
Staff
Yeh, I am brushing up on them too for the summer where I may see them twice.
"Girls, Girls, Girls" and "Dr. Feelgood" are fantastic albums, I must say - there is something about them that is just so satisfying.
09.04.2009 - 19:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Horrible horrible band with inflated egos. Will unfortunately be seeing them this summer at Hellfest.
Relistening their stuff it is no wonder they were never popular at all in Europe (except for England) and that loads of tours were cancelled here due to lack of ticket sales.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.04.2009 - 21:08
DayFly
Well, in my opinion they were more of singles-band. Their albums are frequently mediocre, but they always include a killer track or two.
12.04.2009 - 18:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Holy shit just read the story about Nikki Sixx coming back from the dead(he was declared legally dead for 2 minutes after a heroin overdose but then 2 shots of adrenalin put his heart back in motion)... now that was pretty extreme.
13.04.2009 - 01:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.04.2009 at 19:00

Horrible horrible band with inflated egos. Will unfortunately be seeing them this summer at Hellfest.
Relistening their stuff it is no wonder they were never popular at all in Europe (except for England) and that loads of tours were cancelled here due to lack of ticket sales.

Yeah no surprise. While I still enjoy their studio stuff from time to time, they put on one of the worst live performances I have ever had the shame of witnessing.
----
- George Carlin
13.04.2009 - 02:47
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 12.04.2009 at 18:15

Holy shit just read the story about Nikki Sixx coming back from the dead(he was declared legally dead for 2 minutes after a heroin overdose but then 2 shots of adrenalin put his heart back in motion)... now that was pretty extreme.

Wow, I didn't know about this either. But it explains the song "Kickstart My Heart".

As for the live show, we'll see I guess.
13.04.2009 - 04:33
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

So? Manowar is from the US but they're way more popular in Europe. Both bands are posers, right? I wouldn't know because I probably have never heard a song from both.
13.04.2009 - 10:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 13.04.2009 at 04:33

So? Manowar is from the US but they're way more popular in Europe. Both bands are posers, right? I wouldn't know because I probably have never heard a song from both.

in all these years of listening to metal you never heard one manowar song? i wonder who's the poser now

@Dr Rock are they that terrible? when did you see them?