Metal Storm logo
Gojira

Original post

Posted by White Winter Sun, 06.04.2007 - 23:48
It's not a certain chauvinism which urges me to create a topic on this group but rather the road crossed slowly and step by step by this group to reach the reconnaisance that it achieved today.

The image of the French metal was not still flattering except our borders. But groups of the Gojira' tempering can be to change this by proposing as they make it a quality music.

For me, I like this band since their start. I was able, as many of my fellow metalheads countrymen, to see and to follow this group to reach at this deserved recognition. My favorite album is "The Link" with its concept of a tree as link enters the earth and the sky. But "From Mars To Sirius" is also a fantastic album.

What interresse me in this topic, it's to know what pleases you in this group (your favorite album or song for example), if you took quite hard the Gojira' machine on stage and what you have think of it, .....
In brief the reasons which make you like or not this group around a discussion and around an exchange of opinion

In your keyboards...
07.02.2008 - 00:21
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by White Winter Sun on 06.02.2008 at 13:02

Yes it is well known that French bands play some utter-shit . Perhaps seing them live could changed your mind but I doubt about it. You prefer Us Death/Trash, it's your choice and your tastes, but say that Gojira plays some big shit, it's little exaggerated no?

i'm not glad about this new thing metalstorm made up that shows you what you listen to, 30% of death metal bands in my list are actually death/doom, which is more doom than death, anyway: i'm open-minded for music, so don't think that i only listen to old school us death and thrash or something. anyway, in my opinion they are indeed utter-crap, i can't listen to it lol.
07.02.2008 - 01:06
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by [user id=26778] on 07.02.2008 at 00:21

i'm not glad about this new thing metalstorm made up that shows you what you listen to,

you mean the favorite bands list?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
07.02.2008 - 01:10
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 07.02.2008 at 01:06

i'm not glad about this new thing metalstorm made up that shows you what you listen to,

you mean the favorite bands list?

yeah that thing that separates the styles and origins.
07.02.2008 - 12:38
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite

anyway: i'm open-minded for music, so don't think that i only listen to old school us death and thrash or something. anyway, in my opinion they are indeed utter-crap, i can't listen to it lol.

If you are open-minded, you can listen to utter-crap music, and listen to Gojira. I joke of course
You don't like them it's your choice and your tastes, no offence with that. But it will not kidnap of my mind that Gojira plays a music much less crap than quite a lot of bands officiating in the same genre.
07.02.2008 - 12:47
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by White Winter Sun on 07.02.2008 at 12:38

anyway: i'm open-minded for music, so don't think that i only listen to old school us death and thrash or something. anyway, in my opinion they are indeed utter-crap, i can't listen to it lol.

If you are open-minded, you can listen to utter-crap music, and listen to Gojira. I joke of course
You don't like them it's your choice and your tastes, no offence with that. But it will not kidnap of my mind that Gojira plays a music much less crap than quite a lot of bands officiating in the same genre.

well it's my opinion only, not a fact of life; so don't take it too personal
07.02.2008 - 13:08
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by [user id=26778] on 07.02.2008 at 12:47

well it's my opinion only, not a fact of life; so don't take it too personal

Exactly what I said up: You don't like them it's your choice and your tastes, no offence with that.
I respect your choice and your tastes. I have no problem with that. There're a lot of genres in metal, each can find its own style.
26.02.2008 - 22:07
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A short video clip of Gojira rehearsing and writing material for the upcoming album can be viewed at this location. Enjoy.
15.08.2008 - 15:01
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Seen them live again yesterday (Main Square Festival d'Arras where they played with Within Temptation and Metallica). Actually I only saw the last 15 minutes of their show because they were the 1st band to play (at 5pm) and there were too many people trying to enter the site at that time. Anyway they played "Flying Whales" and ended the show with "the Heaviest Matter of the Universe", and they played an extract of the upcoming album, song called "Vacuity" which sounds pretty good
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
15.08.2008 - 15:41
VPeter
knew them of their name a long time, but never bothered listing to them, until now. Listing some songs on their myspace sounds nice and groovy and heavy Death/Thrash.
15.09.2008 - 20:56
matos
Just discovered "the way of all flesh" torrent !
has anyone listened to the album already ? what's it like ? hehe i haven't been so excited for a long time
----
15.09.2008 - 22:14
matos
ok i almost finished listening of this new beauty... this epic album is 75 minutes long!
and so far i can say i'm very pleased with what i've heard. If you liked FMTS you will also like this one. I can't say much more, this album takes more that one listening...
However this album is on a good way to my top list
----
17.09.2008 - 00:22
SK921
Account deleted
lol Gojira is superb whalecore.
17.09.2008 - 00:40
Black Mass
Written by Sekhmet on 15.08.2008 at 15:01

Seen them live again yesterday (Main Square Festival d'Arras where they played with Within Temptation and Metallica).

Thats it! I am moving to Europe! We'd never get a line up like that in Australia There is a decent Gojira fan base here, it would be awesome to see them.
17.09.2008 - 10:56
Freezer
I really like this band, I've discovered it just some months ago. My favourite album is Terra Incognita, but I really like From Mars to Sirius, too
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
17.09.2008 - 15:06
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Part the way through 'The Way Of All Flesh' and it's not bad, pretty safe release from them. The enforced robotic, sterile sound is kinda tiring though. Never been that keen on their recorded stuff for some reason but live they do truly excel: incredible energy and precision.
17.09.2008 - 20:20
matos
Written by Black Mass on 17.09.2008 at 00:40

Written by Sekhmet on 15.08.2008 at 15:01

Seen them live again yesterday (Main Square Festival d'Arras where they played with Within Temptation and Metallica).

Thats it! I am moving to Europe! We'd never get a line up like that in Australia There is a decent Gojira fan base here, it would be awesome to see them.

well i'm from Europe, but the best chance to see them live was to go to Vienna and see them opening the In Flames gig:-|
hehe sorry, i guess that's still better than your situation
----
03.01.2009 - 02:45
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I kinda love the new release. Its not quite on the FmtS level but its not really similar enough to me to compare the two. The only song I don't like is the one (can't remember the title) with Randy Blyth on guest vocals. It just doesn't fit the music at all. The best songs to me though are; Orborous, Toxic Garbage Island, The Art Of Dying, and Esoteric Surgury...
----
Coldgrits
03.01.2009 - 02:54
Good Thrash band is good. Pretty much enjoy the fuck out of FMTS, The Link, and TWoAF. Good stuff, period.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
10.01.2009 - 10:18
Southern Wind
Account deleted
They sound like a 3rd class Meshuggah for me, and an example of how great talent in terms of technicism can be wasted.
10.01.2009 - 21:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I recently got into this band and I have to say that they're a lot better than what I previously expected...I had From Mars To Sirus but never listened to it and forgot all about it...I've been listening to their albums in the past few days and I find that they have a very special style of mixing progressive tendencies with death/thrash...it's a very complete sound with a lot of innovations...very tight and technical band these guys...I'm listening to their latest album at the moment...
11.01.2009 - 20:10
mankvill
I saw them open for Behemoth back in 2007 and I really liked them. But I heard snippets of their studio-albums and I dunno if I'd like them so much...maybe I'll give them a chance.
20.02.2009 - 07:06
munson
Gojira are simply AWESOME. They are, however, the sort of band you really need to sit down and listen to their entire album to fully appreciate them. Aside from Terra Incognita, all of their albums are really masterpieces. THey also put out a great live DVD where they played The Link in it's entirety.

I love these French metalers, and can't wait until they come back to the states again.
20.02.2009 - 17:34
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Yeah I dunno...got the latest gojira and I just cant stand it. Its not because I dont like the style of music it just seems really not good....crap actually. Guess its a matter of taste but yeah, not exactly blown away in a good way.
20.02.2009 - 21:30
munson
Written by [user id=1909] on 20.02.2009 at 17:34

Yeah I dunno...got the latest gojira and I just cant stand it. Its not because I dont like the style of music it just seems really not good....crap actually. Guess its a matter of taste but yeah, not exactly blown away in a good way.

I can really see how [i]The Way of All Flesh]/i] is a Love-it/hate-it sort of album (well, as with the rest of Gojira's stuff). I know a bunch of people who can't stand them, and and equal amount of people who absolutely love them. Kinda strange, really.
21.02.2009 - 20:39
Saephis
I will have to say that Gojira puts on one of the best quality live shows I have seen in awhile. I saw them live with Opeth in September, they were even better than I had expected. Plus...really... who else has a thrash metal band who sings about whales and ecological myths and manages to make it sound awesome?
This being said, From Mars to Sirius is definitely my favorite album, although I'd have to say the live show is more intense than the recording.
----
"Life is nothing but a game of obstacles...
Some you win.
Some you lose.
Some you swallow like a load,
Abuse."

-The Foreshadowing "Last Minute Train"
24.02.2009 - 21:11
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by [user id=1909] on 20.02.2009 at 17:34

Then we share the same taste for that album... It sucks from one end to the other. From Mars To Sirius was a much better album. The Way Of All flesh sounds like Gojira tried to make death metal without double bass drums and it's boring.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
25.04.2009 - 01:17
GULCH OF ROT
THIS NEW GOJIRA (TWOAF) IS VERY HARD TO LISTEN 2 UNTIL THE 3RD OR 4TH TIME. THEN IT REALLY STARTS TO GROW ON YOU. FOR ALL OF YOU WHO SAY YOU DONT LIKE IT GIVE IT ONE MORE LISTEN FROM START TO FINISH YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR MIND I DID

OH YEAH SORRY FOR THE CAPS FORGOT THE LOCK WAS ON
----
AND ON THE 7TH DAY THE GULCH BEGAN TO ROT

http://www.myspace.com/gulchofrot
26.04.2009 - 14:41
Ascendant187
Gotta say I really like their latest album but it definitely pales in comparison when you consider their previous works. Still it's not a terrible album by any means. I think, if anything, it suffers because of the greatness of albums like From Mars To Sirius.
19.01.2010 - 20:35
macraigma
Gojira is my new favorite band ^.^ I'm HOOKED!!! <3 Esoteric Surgery <3 among other songs of course =D
----
"Now for the weak an abortion
Celebrate perfection that grows
The flesh, a gift of science
The soul a fault of a god"
19.01.2010 - 22:28
ylside
Staff
Written by macraigma on 19.01.2010 at 20:35

Gojira is my new favorite band ^.^ I'm HOOKED!!! <3 Esoteric Surgery <3 among other songs of course =D

I like this song But most important I really like its lyrics which I totally agree with.