Metal Storm logo
Gojira

06.04.2007 - 23:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
It's not a certain chauvinism which urges me to create a topic on this group but rather the road crossed slowly and step by step by this group to reach the reconnaisance that it achieved today.

The image of the French metal was not still flattering except our borders. But groups of the Gojira' tempering can be to change this by proposing as they make it a quality music.

For me, I like this band since their start. I was able, as many of my fellow metalheads countrymen, to see and to follow this group to reach at this deserved recognition. My favorite album is "The Link" with its concept of a tree as link enters the earth and the sky. But "From Mars To Sirius" is also a fantastic album.

What interresse me in this topic, it's to know what pleases you in this group (your favorite album or song for example), if you took quite hard the Gojira' machine on stage and what you have think of it, .....
In brief the reasons which make you like or not this group around a discussion and around an exchange of opinion

In your keyboards...
07.04.2007 - 07:41
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"From Mars To Sirius" is indeed a great album, Gojira is those kind of bands that bring a new bliss to swamped genres.
07.04.2007 - 11:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
An excellent band, truly one of (if not THE) best bands from France.
I have a hard time chosing between The Link and From Mars To Sirius.
I have the version of The link with the live DVD, and live they are even more impressive.
I wanna see them sometime really live and not just on dvd.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.04.2007 - 12:04
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.04.2007 at 11:22

An excellent band, truly one of (if not THE) best bands from France.
I have a hard time chosing between The Link and From Mars To Sirius.
I have the version of The link with the live DVD, and live they are even more impressive.
I wanna see them sometime really live and not just on dvd.

Yes "The Link Alive" is very impressive, for a first DVD and for a band for a group not so known as that in the period. A very professional video which already let show through the best slumbered in these frenchies.
08.04.2007 - 21:30
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I almost saw them live once, but didn't because I didn't know them at that time :'( They had just released The Link and were playing in a place where I had seen some crappy nu band a week ago, so I didn't trust them with Gojira and just thought I would waste money and time again... What a shame..! I'm still feeling so sorry about it
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
21.04.2007 - 14:20
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Hurrah!! They'll play at the "Printemps des étudiants" in Toulouse on May the 13th Other bands (non metal but good all the same): Debout sur le zinc; Marcel & son orchestre; the Gladiators (reggae) and Zenzile (dub). Pretty good night in prospect Is anyone else going to be there??
----
21.04.2007 - 14:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Sekhmet on 21.04.2007 at 14:20

Marcel & son orchestre

I don't have an orchestra, or at least not that I know of

Concerning Gojira I hope they will come by again soon.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.04.2007 - 14:58
Cut-Throat
I saw this band support obituary last year! they where excellent! they are providing something fresh and new in the metal scene today! there heavy breakdown momments are superb!
21.04.2007 - 15:14
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
@ Marcel : you made my day
----
23.04.2007 - 13:09
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.04.2007 at 14:56

Written by Sekhmet on 21.04.2007 at 14:20

Marcel & son orchestre

I don't have an orchestra, or at least not that I know of

Concerning Gojira I hope they will come by again soon.

I'm sure that it's not a cover, it's not your stage' name ?"Marcel et son orchestre" or Marcel Myspace (Warning : it's really colored )
23.04.2007 - 16:32
Deadsoulman
Elite
Simply put, Gojira is the best band from France and one of the best live bands there is. I've seen them four or five times and they never disappointed. They are not of the running, jumping or talkative type onstage but they have a commanding presence that makes their show almost hypnotic. Truly an experience.
27.04.2007 - 15:02
rageing atheist
Account deleted
My favorite Gojira album is probably Terre Incognita, though the album I'm most familiar with is From Mars To Sirius, which is also a great record. Talking about what do I like and dislike about them I like their environment friendly lyrics, and the atmosphere they manage to create, there isn't really anything to dislike, though I'd like more lead guitar, and quirky time signatures, though considering that music should be appreciated for what it has got, rather than moaning about what else could be there, I consider Gojira a great band, and probably my favorite "new" or "modern" band.
01.05.2007 - 05:48
Nazeef
In Fact, Gojira attracts me from different sides:
first, the lyrical. second: the musical.
I discovered them through the "From Mars To Serius" record, and I was amazed!
Its very expressionist figures (specially in Vocals) led me to get "the link alive" DVD, and so that, the passion was amplified through discovering "the Link" album songs performed perfectly on a burning stage that reflects many things such as GOJIRA are great and they're sanctified in their own country.
for me Gojira is one of the most succesful frensh band, side by side with ADAGIO & ANOREXIA NERVOSA.
Best Tracks are: Global Warming, To Serius and Unicorn...
Embrace the Mother Earth!!!!!!!!!!
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
14.05.2007 - 14:07
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Their performance yesterday simply blow me away (it is the first time I've seen them live)

They're so present on stage, sound so powerful!! And the bassist was a bit crazy too The really managed to create a particular atmosphere... Or maybe it was because I was quite tired since they played at past midnight after some 4 hours of festival, but I was like hypnotized by them.

I can't remember the setlist, just noted they ended the show by "the Heaviest Matter of the Universe".
At the end I was feeling like my neck was gonna break down because of headbanging and I couldn't speak anymore because of growling, but I was feeling sooo happy
----
03.06.2007 - 20:03
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
An interview of gojira is now available here on 4QRadio. (need just a click on gojira name to hear it on streaming). Enjoy.
03.06.2007 - 21:02
ylside
Staff
Just saw them yesterday, a pure bomb live, awesome band. Paradise Lost performed right after them and they seemed oh so weak compared to Gojira's energy !!
03.06.2007 - 22:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ylside on 03.06.2007 at 21:02

Just saw them yesterday, a pure bomb live, awesome band. Paradise Lost performed right after them and they seemed oh so weak compared to Gojira's energy !!

Paradise Lost live always seems weak nowadays, no matter after which they play. PL live currently is a wast of time and money.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2007 - 11:29
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Gojira recently added a live video and an mp3 of the song 'Remembrance' from the "The Link Alive" DVD to their MySpace page here. Enjoy.
16.07.2007 - 18:32
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Revolution-Music.dk conducted an interview with Gojira at the Roskilde Festival (Roskilde, Denmark). You can download and listen to the interview at this location.
15.10.2007 - 18:02
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
In celebration of their new US tour, the Radio Rebellion Tour with Job For A Cowboy, Behemoth and Beneath The Massacre, Gojira are pleased to share 3 songs with you, recently recorded live for the UK radio XFM.
You can check them out the Gojira myspace's player at this location.

Edit 25.10.2007:

MetalKult.com has posted a question-and-answer video interview with guitarist/vocalist Joe Duplantier and guitarist Christian Andreu. You can find this interview at this location.
11.12.2007 - 16:11
RockeRoy
Gojira is maybe My favorite band! they got the x-factor i always looking for! i got the link alive dvd, and have seen it a hundred times stoned and it's almoast my favorit thing to do ha ha!
Also seen them live on Hove Festival in norway this summer suporting Lamb of god and it was amaizing
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
11.12.2007 - 18:01
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by RockeRoy on 11.12.2007 at 16:11

Gojira is maybe My favorite band! they got the x-factor i always looking for! i got the link alive dvd, and have seen it a hundred times stoned and it's almoast my favorit thing to do ha ha!
Also seen them live on Hove Festival in norway this summer suporting Lamb of god and it was amaizing

Yes Gojira is a fucking great band and I don't say that because they come from France .
I have seen them live, they're killers. Gojira is good on CD, on stage they're more impressive. And about "The Link Alive", it's a very good DVD which has already shown their potential before they become more famous.
11.12.2007 - 18:33
RockeRoy
are there anyother bands similar to gojira in france i watched a interwiev on youtube with gojira, and he mentioned a couple of bands they said kicks ass and was good friends with them, but i diddn't realy hear what the bands was cold!?
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
30.01.2008 - 16:39
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
brilliant band i wish i could see them live.
just loved from mars to sirius as well as the link.

the link alive dvd was mind blowing
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
30.01.2008 - 17:35
draconia
oh, Gojira's boys are my favourite frenchmen ! basically all what i have to say, is already said. cheers!
01.02.2008 - 01:50
Ateacina
Account deleted
Great French band indeed!
My fav song is "The heaviest matter of the universe". But I can´t decide which album I like best.

I´ve see them live four times so far and they definitely kick ass.

French Metal might not be known that well outside France but there are surely some bands that should make it to greater popularity, mainly from the more progressive sector. Like Gojira, Hacride, Scarve...such bands.
01.02.2008 - 03:47
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
didn' find the time to really check them out yet, listend to the first two songs from "From Mars To Sirius" and i wasn't impressed at all, let's see i'll change my mind.
01.02.2008 - 08:22
b0000mst1ck
Written by [user id=26778] on 01.02.2008 at 03:47

didn' find the time to really check them out yet, listend to the first two songs from "From Mars To Sirius" and i wasn't impressed at all, let's see i'll change my mind.

good luck with that cuz those are the best songs on the album IMO.
03.02.2008 - 18:13
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
ok so i listend to the complete album and it's utter-shit in my opinion, don't get the hype about the band.
06.02.2008 - 13:02
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Yes it is well known that French bands play some utter-shit . Perhaps seing them live could changed your mind but I doubt about it. You prefer Us Death/Trash, it's your choice and your tastes, but say that Gojira plays some big shit, it's little exaggerated no?