Metal Storm logo
Death Metal recommendations

04.06.2011 - 07:20
I'd thought I'd ran out of bands like this, but I'm sure there are some more out there. . . Death metal with sort of a grindcore touch to it, not straight up deathgrind but you can sort of hear some grindcore influence in there. Oh and also really guttural vocals, like ridiculously guttural, not those really burpy vocals because if I wanted that I'd go listen to Devourment. . . but like Chris Barnes on Tomb of the Mutilated guttural.
I don't know if I'm asking too much or being too picky but there has to be some more bands like that out there somewhere. . . . .
04.06.2011 - 10:05
The Turbanator
I listen to very few death metal bands actually. I'm more of a Black Metal man. But here are the bands I listen to :

Dies Irae
Nile
Putrid Inbred
Benighted (brutal)
Cattle Decapitation (this is a must)
Cosmic Atrophy
Gojira (if it's classed as death metal)
Isacaarum
Meshuggah
Nasum
Vader
Zyklon

I think some of them are not really death metal, I'm just throwing names in there. They're all worth checking out in my opinion.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
04.06.2011 - 15:30
ANGEL REAPER
Bolt Thrower for instance is a kind of thing you search for...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
04.06.2011 - 15:46
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Go listen now NOW NOW NOW to MISERY INDEX. it is exactly that what you want. death/grind of the best! check those 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JU8umOrq1U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYeWvPgJ6sU&feature=related

the vocals are not that guttural but awesome though.

(and these songs are not of their best CD's!)
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
04.06.2011 - 17:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Easy...

!T.O.O.H.! (really insane, technical chaos)
Aborted (pre-Slaughter & Apparatus - much better grind-ish death than their melodic stuff nowadays)
Benighted (brutal + grind influences, lyrics touching on mental illnesses and such)
Bolt Thrower (early; although their "newer" stuff is some of death metal's best, these guys are incredibly consistent - just check their entire catalog)
Brutal Truth (one of the originators, should always be mentioned in threads like this)
Carcass (early - classic grind in the early days with insanely raw production, hints of death thrown in)
Cattle Decapitation (early stuff was shit on almost universally, but their songwriting has improved over the years)
Cephalic Carnage (awesome lyrics, hilarious guys, skilled musicians, brutal music)
Dying Fetus (early; just listen to "Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog"; their modern stuff isn't bad either, just less grind-ish)
Exhumed (again, another original classic that should always be featured in threads like this, timeless classics)
General Surgery (Swedish semi-all star death/grind outfit paying homage to the likes of Carcass, great shit)
Gorerotted (more along the lines of brutal death, but amazing at what they do)
Impetigo (two albums released back in the day, still some of death/grind's best ever put to release)
Misery Index (for a more modern approach to death+grind, tight musicianship)
Napalm Death (modern, as their earlier stuff is classic grind, but you can't really go wrong with anything they've done)

Hope that helps!
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.06.2011 - 19:01
Okay, nice, I'd actually never heads of !T.O.O.H! before, all the other bands I have on my iTunes library already! But thanks for the recommendations anyways, though
04.06.2011 - 19:59
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
EARLY ABORTED!!!! and cattle decapitation.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.06.2011 - 20:58
The Turbanator
Someone recommend me good !T.O.O.H! album to start off with. Never hear their stuff before.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
04.06.2011 - 21:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
^^ I have the last two and they're both great. I instantly liked Rad a Trest, but Pod vládou biče had to grow on me.
05.06.2011 - 03:57
AjLucas
Check out End It With A Shoutgun, for all fans of extreme metal.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/End-It-With-A-Shotgun/119049398178888
05.06.2011 - 21:00
The Turbanator
Written by Dangerboner on 04.06.2011 at 21:25

^^ I have the last two and they're both great. I instantly liked Rad a Trest, but Pod vládou biče had to grow on me.

thank you! I'll give them a listen.
----
05.06.2011 - 22:49
JD
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 04.06.2011 at 15:46

Go listen now NOW NOW NOW to MISERY INDEX. it is exactly that what you want. death/grind of the best! check those 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JU8umOrq1U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYeWvPgJ6sU&feature=related

the vocals are not that guttural but awesome though.

(and these songs are not of their best CD's!)

This dude is right, Misery Index what are you searching for.
06.06.2011 - 00:30
Algés City
All death metal fans should, check out autopsy new release. Good and simple death metal. It has the feeling of putrid and rotten that we like
06.06.2011 - 00:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 05.06.2011 at 21:00

Are you yet in love with the absolute monumental perfection that is Rad a Trest? Because you damn well should be.
06.06.2011 - 00:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Rad a Trest is so fucking good it's ridiculous...

The latest Morbid Angel obviously is another recommendation.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.06.2011 - 00:50
(((O)))
Quote:
The latest Morbid Angel obviously is another recommendation.

And the latest Cryptopsy.
06.06.2011 - 01:01
JD
Account deleted
Am definitely gonna listen to !T.O.O.H!.
06.06.2011 - 20:23
The Turbanator
Written by [user id=4365] on 06.06.2011 at 00:32

Written by The Turbanator on 05.06.2011 at 21:00

Are you yet in love with the absolute monumental perfection that is Rad a Trest? Because you damn well should be.

All I can say is... Holy fucking shit!!!
----
09.06.2011 - 00:27
Conservationist
Timeghoul

Progressive death metal band that offers a mixed bag of doom, avantgarde, death and grind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbAQRMG4zE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VGNd6dw_is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKusos8netQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9pROgk3J3A
09.06.2011 - 12:42
The Turbanator
I want to thank everyone who recommended 'Rad a Trest' to me. Holy shit this thing fucking blows!
----
09.06.2011 - 14:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 09.06.2011 at 12:42

I want to thank everyone who recommended 'Rad a Trest' to me. Holy shit this thing fucking blows!

Usually if something blows it means it sucks, ironically =P

But yeah, you can probably understand where I get the inspiration for my username now.
09.06.2011 - 15:58
The Turbanator
Written by [user id=4365] on 09.06.2011 at 14:56

Written by The Turbanator on 09.06.2011 at 12:42

Usually if something blows it means it sucks, ironically =P

But yeah, you can probably understand where I get the inspiration for my username now.

Hahaha I meant it blew my mind. Really damn good. Yeah haha the username. Rad a Trest is really good, I still haven't listen to 'Pod vladou bice' yet. I remember you posting about this band called 'Japanische Kampfhoerspiele'. They have similar vocal!
----
09.06.2011 - 17:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by The Turbanator on 09.06.2011 at 15:58

Hahaha I meant it blew my mind. Really damn good. Yeah haha the username. Rad a Trest is really good, I still haven't listen to 'Pod vladou bice' yet. I remember you posting about this band called 'Japanische Kampfhoerspiele'. They have similar vocal!

JaKa's a pretty sweet band - it's too bad they won't be releasing anything ever again.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.06.2011 - 20:22
The Turbanator
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.06.2011 at 17:39

Written by The Turbanator on 09.06.2011 at 15:58

JaKa's a pretty sweet band - it's too bad they won't be releasing anything ever again.

They just disbanded? Just saw their page in MA, they released an album in January this year. Any other albums your recommend?
----
09.06.2011 - 22:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by The Turbanator on 09.06.2011 at 20:22

They just disbanded? Just saw their page in MA, they released an album in January this year. Any other albums your recommend?

Personally their 2011 is my favorite of theirs, but Hardcore... is another great grindcore album.
----
10.06.2011 - 10:16
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
If you enjoy !T.O.O.H.!, you must try Lykathea Aflame and their only album, Elvenefris. Technical and ambitious death metal doesn't get better than those Czechs did it.
16 reviews on MA with an average rating of 97% - that doesn't happen too often.

A song from that album:
10.06.2011 - 19:49
Moose
Just found an awesome new band...I'd call them Death/Thrash (also possibly Technical). Anyways, check out the vid below. This is from a few years ago, but they have also just released a new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvO-jzjhTvQ

They aren't on metalstorm yet, so if you like it, head to the suggestions page and give them a thumbs up.

EDIT: Oh and you can listen to a lot of their new album over here:

http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=b910b257a88327f720b4fe382fab54a0&eu=5FC0XKrC2moBGpB1llIbjA#!/Ouroborosmusic?sk=app_2405167945
30.07.2011 - 21:20
king_matt
I have been really liking the Death metal genre lately, so I could use some album recommendations. I have already heard Death, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Possesed, Obituary, Opeth, and Napalm Death, so don't give me any of those.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
31.07.2011 - 19:31
Xenosimian

This band is just simply amazing. Their second release isn't quite as grindy, but is simply amazing in its technicality and can easily take the spot of "Favourite Album of All Time"

Seems much of the staples have been mentioned already, so I don't really need to reiterate.
----
This body holding me, reminding me of my own mortality
We are eternal, this pain is just an illusion...
01.08.2011 - 01:53
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I'm going to say check out a newer band called Disma. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8tc55XBPxU&feature=related

Brutal stuff.